Recently it seems like lots of my TV faves are ending. For today’s post, can I say first of all… yes, I’m 30, yes I watch PLL (and other high school dramas). I watched the final ever episode weeks ago, and ever since then I’ve been ruminating on how I feel about it and have watched about 100 reaction videos on Youtube…. now to assemble my thoughts.
I didn’t mind the Cece A reveal; but for the big AD-final-ever-episode reveal, I was expecting to see a character who we knew and loved being revealed as AD; but what we got was a brand new character who we have no emotional connection with, and an evil twin at that. I felt like a lot of Season 7 was filler content and too concentrated on the relationships. Yes, fans love the ships, but what we really craved was answers. Now I have more questions than ever before!
If you look on Youtube there are many well-thought out Spencer twin theories; however the real reveal was not presented with clues from several series ago (such as Veronica saying she didn’t know if Spencer or her evil twin was coming downstairs). Instead, Alex Drake was plonked into the timeline in a way that doesn’t make sense (wasn’t Wren with Melissa for all that time?) and she only appeared in Rosewood in late Season 7. Don’t get me started on the Wren-is-a-diamond thing! Or the worst Cockney accent since Dick Van Dyke.
We got 15 minutes of answers and the rest of the episode was babies and marriage and sex scenes which we didn’t need. I really hope that the ending with the new girls re-enacting the pilot barn scene was an homage and not a preview of a spin-off. I think it’s just meant to mean that in Rosewood, history repeats itself and it will always be creepy.
Here are the questions I still have and will never get closure for:
- What was the point of Lucas’ comic book?
- What was Jenna reading in braille when she was with AD?
- How was the underground metal dungeon built without any one noticing?
- How did Alex Drake create the board game?
- When exactly did Alex meet Charlotte?
- How long were Alex and Wren together?
- Why did Mary never tell Spencer that she gave birth to another baby after Spencer?
- If Alex was motivated by who killed Charlotte, why did she recruit Mona to the A Team?
- Had Toby never looked in the book Spencer gave him?
- What happened to Marco?
- Why did Jenna help by telling Toby ‘Spencer’s acting weirdly’ and why did Toby answer her call (I thought they weren’t speaking)?
- Why did Ezra walk out of the dungeon instead of being stretchered out when he’d been concussed twice?
- Why couldn’t Alex have got a tattoo of a bullet wound instead of asking Wren to shoot her?
- How was Wren killed (we know she had a gun, did she shoot him)?
- If Alex was not working with Archer, why did they both use/make those creepy masks?
- Did Archer know that Alex had inserted the embryos into Alison, did he help her?
- Do the girls know Wren is the father of the babies?
- Why did Alison and Emily have twins (they may run in Ali’s family but she was the surrogate, not biological, mother)?
- Why aren’t the twin babies mixed race?
- Why did Alex not hate Mary for selling her?
- Have Rosewood Police just given up on finding Mary and Alex Drake?
- How did Mona transport Mary and Alex to France?
- When did Mona meet her boyfriend and get to know him?
- Do the Liars know where Mary and Alex are?
Also, it’s been confirmed how the mothers got out of the basement. They rubbed oil on Pam and pushed her through the window. What the heck?!
Did you love the PLL finale or are you as disappointed as I am?