Welcome back to Tag Week! I first saw this tag on MeMyselfandEm and decided to do it myself. Here are my answers to the Glasses Tag.
1. How long have you been wearing glasses?
I shamefacedly had my first ever eye test when I was 16, and that’s when I began wearing glasses as the optician told me I needed them straight away.
2. What were your first pair of glasses like?
Round and purple frames. I didn’t really have a clue about what suited me or anything, one minute I didn’t wear glasses and the next I was being told I needed them fulltime. I just went for my favourite colour!
3. How often do you wear your glasses?
All day everyday.
4. How many pairs of glasses do you have?
Three. I’ve had the same prescription for years so a couple are a few years old, then I brought a new one into the mix last year to change things up a bit. My life is so exciting…!
5. Where did you get your glasses?
I used to get them in Specsavers, but now I’m more likely to do it online with Glasses Direct. It’s so much hassle to go to an optician if you don’t need an eye test, there are always long queues.
6. How long sighted or short sighted are you?
I’m quite short sighted, so I can read without my glasses on, but that’s about the only thing I do without my glasses.
7. What prescription are your glasses?
One eye is 0.75 and the other is 1.25.
8. Do your family members wear glasses?
Yes, my parents do.
9. What do you think about wearing glasses?
It’s never really bothered me. I think of them as a part of my outfit, and they make life easier, so I have no reason to mind wearing them.
10. Do you wear contact lenses?
Yes, about two years ago I finally plucked up the courage to get contact lenses. I absolutely hated the thought of touching my eyes, but I wanted to wear contact lenses for when I went out and to encourage me to do more with eye makeup. After a few goes, I got the hang of it, and now wear contacts a couple of times a week.
11. How much can you see without your glasses?
I can ‘see’ everything, but it’s all blurry around the edges. I can’t make out the detail on anything.
12. Do you have advice for young people that are not comfortable with wearing glasses?
Yes. The main thing is you will get used to wearing them, and you will appreciate being able to see so much better with them on! There are so many great styles to choose from these days, even more than when I was a teenager. Pick a pair you like, rock a smile and live your life.
Do you wear glasses?